Under limited supervision manages the clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery on a medical/telemetry unit. Manages the human, fiscal and other resources.
BSN with a commitment to attain a Master’s degree in 5 years.
At least 2 years of leadership experience
· Substantial interpersonal and verbal communication skills required in order to provide effective leadership to assigned staff, maintain effective contacts with patients, visitors, physicians and a variety of Medical Center personnel.
· Mentoring and development of staff.
· Analytical skills necessary to organize and oversee the work of others and to develop and administer sound policies, procedures, budgets and nursing practices.
· Registered Nurse license in the state of Maryland.
· Completion of "Healthcare Provider" CPR course.
· Ability to stand and walk almost constantly (up to 80% of work time) and occasionally (up to 20% of work time) life and position patients.
· Normal healthcare environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature, and the like.
· Up to 50% of work time exposed to adverse working conditions due to performance of certain patient care activities.
Join our caring team of Healthcare practitioners at GBMC Healthcare System. We currently have open positions available throughout our healthcare system – due to growth in this industry and our organization’s growth as our community increasingly looks to us to receive their care whether it is care from our state of the art hospital, Greater Baltimore Medical Center, or our comprehensive Physician... network, called GBMA, or our compassionate Gilchrist, which offers services for the frail elderly or end-of-life care for all ages.
At GBMC we demonstrate the culture of, “To every patient, every time, we will provide the care that we would want for our own loved ones.”
Nearly 1,300 physicians serve on GBMC's medical staff, making it among the largest of any community hospital in the mid-Atlantic region. Our 255-bed medical center (acute and sub-acute care) is located on a beautiful suburban Baltimore campus and handles more than 26,700 inpatient cases and approximately 60,000 emergency room visits annually. Become part of the GBMC, Gilchrist or GBMA team!