UC San Diego Health's new Outpatient Pavilion and 8-suite Operating Room is scheduled to open in early 2018. As we grow, so does our outpatient surgery needs to include orthopedics, urology, general surgery, head and neck, minimally invasive, and plastics. We invite you to apply with San Diego’s only Academic Medical Center!
The Nurse Manager of UC San Diego’s Outpatient Pavilion Operating Room (OR), is responsible and accountable for providing administrative and clinical leadership. Develops standards of care coordination that demonstrates success in: promoting high quality, cost effective delivery of care; ensuring effective utilization of resources across the continuum; excellent customer service; and compliance with regulatory and internal UCSD requirements. Spearheads innovative projects and approaches involving multi-disciplinary factions for systems improvement that affects patient outcomes across the organization. Plans, schedules and organizes work for departments ensuring proper distribution of assignments and efficient utilization of personnel, space and facilities. Supervises staff, screens candidates, interviews and hires new employees. Ensures staff competence, compliance with staff licensure/certification requirements and maintenance of related documentation. Conducts performance appraisals, counsels staff, and takes disciplinary action as required in consultation with Human Resources/Labor Relations. Ensures compliance with discipline-related action plans. Develops/integrates annual operational, capital and personnel budget for each cost center with the Department of Finance.
• A Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing.
• Registered Nurse (RN) issued by the state of California.
• BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
• Minimum five (5) years recent RN experience.
• Minimum three (3) years clinical or administrative management experience.
• Must have recent RN experience in an Operating Room.
• Must be able to circulate.
• Must have knowledge of financial, public relations, strategic planning and healthcare policies experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have decision making, problem solving and prioritizing skills.
• Nursing Administration Certification
• Outpatient OR experience.
• Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
• Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html