Come join our dynamic, passionate, and enthusiastic leadership team at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Waxahachie! We are looking for a transformational leader who is energetic and innovative to continue the strong forward momentum this hospital is experiencing.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Waxahachie is a 129 bed hospital working towards a Level IV trauma designation. The emergency department has 37 treatment spaces and an annual volume over 64,000. It is also on journey to Magnet designation with many more exciting projects on the horizon.
Baylor Scott & White Health, formed from the 2013 merger between Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare, is today the largest not-for-profit health care system in the state of Texas. With total assets of $10.8 billion, Baylor Scott & White Health has the vision and resources to provide its patients and members continued quality care while creating a model system for a dramatically changing healthcare environment. Baylor Scott & White Health includes 48 hospitals, 5,400 licensed beds, more than 1,000 patient care sites, over 9,000 affiliated physicians, 48,000+ team members, $8.4B total net operating revenue and the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan.
The Director of Emergency Department is responsible for planning, organizing and overall direction of the operations of emergency services at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Waxahachie.
* Plans, organizes and directs the overall operation of the Emergency Department.
* Organizes departmental team members and equipment in order to maximize efficiency. Coordinates activities within the department. Assigns responsibilities to team members; and determines model of staffing needs and scheduling requirements.
* Develops short-term and long-term goals and objectives for the Emergency Department which are congruent with the needs of the hospital(s) and community.
* Oversees the development of, secures approval of, and administration of operational budgets.
* Oversees the development of and secures approval for capital equipment purchases.
* Oversees the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to the operation of the Emergency Department.
* Oversees the interviewing, hiring, orientating, scheduling, counseling, evaluation and termination of team members in the Emergency Department.
* Oversees the proper use, repair and replacement of departmental equipment and supplies.
* Establishes and maintains appropriate stock levels of supplies and medications.
* Attends educational seminars and institutes through professional organizations and represents BSWH at schools and other institutions to enhance and maintain an awareness in the community and promote Baylor Scott & White Health standards.
* Promotes BSWH through positive interactions with patients, families, visitors, physicians, police, press, ambulance personnel, and other hospital team members.
* Serves on appropriate community Emergency Services committees and various in-house committees to promote emergency services.
Baylor Scott & White Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal Number: LA61312
About BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE HEALTH
Some have jobs. We have a calling.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!