• Work in a supportive, team oriented environment that puts family and patients first
• Enjoy Southern hospitality, low cost of living and limited traffic hassles
• Make the choice to leave an impression while making a difference in leading nursing to clinical excellence — Magnet Journey
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) of Methodist South Hospital will be responsible for the delivery of quality patient care that promotes safety and well-being for all patients while fostering a nursing environment that is patient centered and physician friendly. A great opportunity for an inspirational CNO to provide operational and strategic balance in a team?oriented, supportive environment that desires Magnet designation.
As a member of the system’s senior nursing leadership team, the VP/CNO collaborates on the development and implementation of system?wide nursing initiatives. The successful candidate must: possess a passion for nursing, enthusiastically advocating for patients, collaborate with physicians and nurses while taking nursing leadership to a higher level of knowledge and performance.
A Master’s degree or higher in Nursing, a Master’s in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration and Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing. Current RN license in the state of Tennessee or eligibility for Tennessee state licensure is also required. Extensive clinical nursing and management experience with a minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible nursing management experience in hospital settings. Experience in a Magnet facility and involvement in the Magnet process is preferred.
Other requirements include:
• Current knowledge of Federal and State regulatory agency standards related to healthcare organizations as well as theoretical approaches to the delivery of nursing care.
• Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act of Tennessee, ANA Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice and AORN Standards for Nursing Practice.
• Ability to maintain membership and participation in professional nursing organizations.
Additional Salary Information: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered to
include relocation assistance.
Internal Number: 1804MSCNE
About Methodist South Hospital - Memphis, TN
Methodist South Hospital (Methodist South) is one of six facilities within the Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare System. Since opening its doors in 1973, as the first acute care satellite hospital in the Memphis area, Methodist South has been defined by its dedication to patient care, its compassion for the patient’s family and its commitment to customer service. The 165-bed facility is located in south Memphis in the Whitehaven community and serves the areas of south Memphis and north Mississippi. Methodist South provides a full array of medical and surgical services and boasts an award-winning Maternity Center and a Cycle II Certified Chest Pain Center.
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare (Methodist) Celebrating its Centennial in 2018, Methodist is an integrated, faith-based, non-profit healthcare delivery system, Methodist has grown from one hospital into a comprehensive health system that includes six hospitals, serving residents regardless of their ability to pay. For seven conse