Director of Care Coordination (RN) - Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children's Hospital
June 12, 2018
We are seeking a Director of Care Coordination — Texas Children’s Hospital- an innovative nurse leader with a passion for care coordination. The successful candidate embraces the future of healthcare and has a proven track record of leading system level projects with a high level of collaboration and expertise. This position will be based at the hospital; however, the Director will partner strategically and intentionally with senior Care Coordination leadership at Texas Children’s Health Plan. If you are a data driven thought leader who wants to be part of transforming care coordination at the nation’s largest children’s hospital, we encourage you to apply!
• Partners intentionally and strategically with care coordination leadership at the organization, leveraging data to drive decision making, in order to ensure consistent execution of care coordination vision across entities
• Responsible for ensuring patient care delivered by the Care Management department is safe, high quality, age appropriate, cost effective and efficient care
• Monitors patient satisfaction to align with organizational goals and initiatives
• Ensures regulatory compliance is met for all clinical standards of patient care
• Advocates for departmental resources necessary to achieve desired clinical outcomes
• Establishes, maintains and builds effective working relationships with medical leadership, direct reports and appropriate interdepartmental liaisons to ensure the achievement of identified goals
• Provides insight and expertise on development or program initiatives
• Promotes ongoing development of staff and creates a work climate that fosters employee participation, satisfaction, and organizational commitment
• Creates and implements departmental customer service standards
• Actively leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient care and delivery
• Ensures accreditation and regulatory requirements are met
• Develops robust data management system to provide historical record keeping and predictive analytics
• Develops and prioritizes service-based goals that support the organization’s mission, vision, and overall strategic plan
• Manages service lines across the system as a whole and collaboratively works together with all hospital campuses toward one shared vision
• Provides fiscal management of departmental budget and operations
• Oversees operations related to budgeting, staffing, and management of staff, grants, and contracts
• Reports financial performance monthly to executive leadership
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business, or Healthcare
• Registered Nurses from the Texas State Board of Nursing Examiners
• 5 years of nursing experience, including 3 years of management/leadership experience
• ACM - Cert-Accredited Case Manager from the American Case Management Association or CCM - Cert-Certified Case Manager from the Commission for Case Management Certification strongly preferred
• Care management or care coordination experience preferred
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 147540
About Texas Children's Hospital
Be a part of our one amazing team!
Texas Children’s is dedicated to delivering safe, high-quality, family-centered care to children and women. Leadership, culture and determination shape much of what we do here, and these three qualities plus the innovative medical care we provide create remarkable stories each and every day. In 2017, Texas Children’s Hospital once again achieved the No. 4 overall ranking in the 2017 U.S. News & World Report survey of Best Children’s Hospitals and was listed on the Honor Roll. This is where innovation happens to optimize patient care, now and into the future.
At Texas Children’s, we are uniquely positioned to create the future of care coordination. Our system includes the nation’s largest children’s hospital, the Pavilion for Women, two community hospitals, multiple community health centers, a pediatric primary care network, and Texas Children’s Health Plan, with more than 438,000 members. Working together, we are transforming care by ensuring children and women receive the care coordination needed to optimize health. As the Director of Care Coordination- Texas Children’s Hospital, you will lead the inpatient team at the hospital, and wor...k collaboratively with leaders and staff across the system to drive our care coordination strategy.
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.