Assistant/Assoc VP, Nursing/Patient Care Svcs, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Director
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too.Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Cultureto deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position working Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Director, Professional Development oversees the design, development and delivery of organization-wide educational programs for nursing staff and allied health professionals. Creates and sustains an environment supportive of professional development, safe and effective patient care and quality improvement. Stays aware of and adapts to changing needs of the organization. Serves as the key resource and communicator for ANCC Magnet Accreditation and NDNQI reporting.
1. Assesses and defines nursing and other patient care services educational needs and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of programs for orientation and skill/competency development, as well as for developmentally-appropriate needs, cross training, and continuing education.
2. Works collaboratively with internal and external partners to ensure educational programs that promote safe and quality standards of patient care. Champions service excellence and cultural diversity in educational programs across Nationwide Children's Hospital.
3. Leads multi and interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement evidence-based education, policies, and standards for the organization. Participates in the development of patient care services goals and objectives integrating the Professional Practice Model in clinical education and practice programs.
4. Establishes quality measures/improvement strategies for patient care services educational programming. Directs the development and maintenance of an assessment/improvement plan for the department.
5. Collaborates with the Education Department and Legal Services to manage clinical schools and colleges of nursing contracts. Directs clinical scheduling for all affiliating schools and colleges of nursing. Maintains contractual relationships. Collaborates with Deans, Directors and representatives from affiliating schools/colleges of nursing to maintain and evaluate the affiliation arrangements.
6. Assesses annual budgetary needs, recommends and develops expense and personnel budgets for Professional Development. Participates on hospital, nursing and medical staff committees to represent nursing practice and educational interests and needs.
7. Partners with Human Resources for the development of learning management systems.
1. DNP or PhD strongly preferred. Educational preparation includes knowledge of advanced nursing, educational practices and theories, and staff development.
2. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
3. Holds a national nursing specialty certification related to clinical care and/or leadership.
4. 3 – 5 years of clinical and nursing management and nursing/staff education experience in order to coordinate nursing education programs to meet department, hospital and agency regulatory requirements.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Internal Number: 2018-12745
About Nationwide Children's Hospital
At Nationwide Children’s, we recognize that our work is far too important for us not to be the very best at it. And we’re nationally recognized for doing so.We have been ranked again in the U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.” We were the first freestanding pediatric hospital in Ohio to achieve ANCC Magnet Recognition Program status, designating us as a hospital that provides world-class patient care and innovation in nursing practice. We are The Children’s Hospital, seeing nearly 1 million patients annually. We are recognized as one of the country’s largest not-for-profit freestanding pediatric health care networks. Our nearly 10,000 hospital staff and 1,000 medical staff have been providing the best possible care since 1892. And we got here by remembering one thing:When your child needs a hospital, everything matters.