Chief Nurse Executive
Sacramento – Job #566546
In this role, you will provide strategic leadership as the patient care executive responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions/services within the hospital organization. You will provide direction, leadership, planning, organization, and general management for all aspects of patient care ensuring integration of services and compliance with long-range objectives and strategies, including the provision of excellent quality services and responsible fiscal management. You will represent nursing/patient care on the hospital executive leadership team, at the medical executive committee, and the medical staff committees. In addition, you will have oversight for the professional practice of nursing and the provision of nursing care in all licensed or surveyable areas of the medical facility. Oversight is defined as having responsibility for regulatory, quality, service, resources, nursing staff competency, and evaluation of the overall delivery of nursing care.
- At least seven years of progressive experience in clinical, management, and leadership roles within hospital operations
- An academic degree in nursing (bachelor’s or master’s degree). A master’s degree in nursing or related field (health administration, business, public health, or management)
- Active and current Registered Nurse license in the state of California
- National certification in nursing administration or advanced nursing administration required within three years for an incumbent Chief Nursing Officer assuming position, and within one year of a newly hired Chief Nurse Executive assuming position
- Demonstrated skills to work in a union environment preferred
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing the above job numbers.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers