- Must be licensed as a registered professional nurse in the State of New York.
- Must have a master’s degree in Nursing or related field.
- Minimum of five years experience as Manager or Department Head in health care environment.
- Working knowledge of managed care and related federal and state regulations and requirements.
- Ability to use and manage technology as needed.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Requires strong clinical, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all professional and support staff. Inter/Intra departmental conflict resolution skills required.
- Prior experience in Patient Access or one of its constituent work areas (Admitting, Outpatient Registration, Pre-Admission Clinical Evaluation, Pre-Admission Testing) is preferred.
- Experience in Nursing is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We’re pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York’s hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you’ll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.