Required Education: Master's Degree in Nursing, healthcare or leadership related field.
Preferred Education: Preferable that Master's degree is in Nursing.
1. Proven professional judgment and decision-making skills.
2. Must possess high degree of resourcefulness as it relates to a thorough knowledge of hospital management principles and practices.
3. Ability to plan, develop and lead programs and activities.
4. Ability to prepare and present reports, concepts, and ideas to administration, staff, and others.
5. Knowledge of the Joint Commission standards, Florida nurse practice act, hospital policies, and professional/specialty standards.
6. Knowledge of CMS and state regulatory requirements for long-term care facilities
7. Must have 5 years of Health Management experience
Current licensure as RN in Florida BLS from the American Heart Association is required for all areas.
Effective January 1, 2015, all new hires or transfers must have a professional certification within two years of hire or transfer. For certifications that require a specified number of cases or hours worked within the specialty, the certification must be applied for once the case/time requirement has been met, and the certification must be obtained within one year of the requirement having been met (e.g. oncology, chemotherapy, diabetes education).
Over 5 years - Nursing leadership experience overseeing multiple hospital departments and clinical experience as a registered nurse
Supervision: Supervisory Responsibility of approximately 700+ FTEs