Farren Care Center
Greenfield, MA (Turners Falls)
Full Time, 40 hours, First Shift Days
Farren Care Center, part of Trinity Health-New England, is currently seeking a Director of Nursing. The Director of Nursing is responsible for planning, developing, organizing, directing and controlling the operation of the Nursing Department in the facility. This position contributes to meeting the mission and goals of the Continuing Care Network. S/he is also responsible for compliance with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
$7,500 Sign-On Bonus for Qualified Individuals
- Effectively serves as a role model of organizational values and standards of behavior such as H.E.A.L. (Hospitality, Empathy, Attitude, Leadership in service) and ensures the same from all colleagues in the Nursing Department.
- Partners with the facility administrator in effective overall leadership and ensuring the facility provides excellence in quality of care and safety.
- Responsible for operational excellence in accordance with applicable policies and procedures; development and management of facility programs.
- Ensure that staffing is done in a cost-effective manner while meeting resident’s needs.
- Provide on-going training for colleagues.
- Engage in participative management for colleague feedback.
- Develop departmental budget within designated deadlines according to budgetary procedures.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies and equipment as appropriate.
- Responsible for effective marketing of facility and departmental services.
- Responsible for communication within the different departments and demonstrate problem-solving mechanisms.
- Promote a productive atmosphere, facilitates teamwork and treats colleagues, residents, families and visitors with respect and consideration.
- Participate in all meetings.
- Diploma/degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Current RN licensure from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Experience with long term care and management preferred.
- Knowledge of DPH standards and regulations preferred.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Diversity is important! An equal opportunity employer.
A member of Mercy Medical Center and its Affiliates and Trinity Health – New England. A legacy of the Sisters of Providence