Vice President, Ambulatory & Clinical Services
Sharp Memorial Hospital (SMH)
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is accountable for the overall leadership, direction and management of major hospital departments and functions. This position is subject to broad policy and general executive guidance, within an overall strategic framework.
Directs the strategic planning and business plan development process for the following areas: Imaging, Surgery, Pharmacy, Outpatient Pavilion, and Lab/Pathology Services.
- Determines direction, goals, and objectives of assigned areas and ensures implementation of strategic and operating plans. Directs the development of short-term and long-range plans and budgets.
- Develops and recommends overall organizational policies and objectives within functional area, and ensures their implementation.
- Assures the operational efficiency and quality of services of assigned areas. Directs assigned areas to achieve budget results and other financial criteria to preserve capital funds invested in the organization. Allocates resources within assigned areas.
- Evaluates and analyze programs, services and financial performance and implement appropriate actions based on identified opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures organizational compliance with legislation and regulations as they impact assigned areas. Monitors operations and initiates changes where appropriate.
- Works closely with peers to accomplish integration objectives.
- Maintains close liaison with medical staff to assure their involvement with standardization and continuity of quality management programs.
Adolescents, Adult, Elder, Physician, Employee, Management, Executives, Social Work Team, Family/Visitors, Other Healthcare Professionals and Business Partners.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in an entity based management incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: Vice President Ambulatory & Clinical Services, strategic, healthcare service lines, operations, hospital operations, Sharp Memorial Hospital jobs, Sharp HealthCare jobs, healthcare jobs, executive healthcare jobs, ACHE jobs