Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with more than 130,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International (USPI), the company operates 79 general acute care hospitals, 20 short-stay surgical hospitals and 469 outpatient centers in the United States, as well as nine facilities in the United Kingdom. Tenet’s Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
The Interim Chief Nursing Officer can be “based” remotely anywhere in the United States.
The Interim Chief Nursing Officer reports directly to the Interim Chief Nursing Officer, Leadership Solutions, with matrix reporting relationships to the Chief Executive Officer of the assigned Hospital and the Regional Chief Nursing Executive.
Key Interim Chief Nursing Officer Responsibilities
The Interim Chief Nursing Officer role provides strategic leadership as the senior executive position responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions/services within the hospital organization. The position will assume responsibility for assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating nursing practice on a facility level.
The Interim Chief Nursing Officer role assumes 24/7 responsibility and is accountable for ensuring high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care. The Interim CNO represents nursing concerns on the governing board and at medical staff leadership meetings.
Please take a few minutes to view this video on Tenet Nursing, and then review the responsibilities and qualifications shown after the video:
Other key Interim CNO attributes include the following:
- Retaining great people at the facility
- Collaborate with human resources and other team members to select, on-board, orient, and provide coaching for direct reports.
- Evaluate and monitor facility level people pillar statistics, participate on related calls as necessary.
- Consider and/or implement nurse residency programs to ensure pipeline for facility.
- Collaborate with team members to formulate programs to enhance work life balance.
- Partner with related team members to promote a safe work environment that is based on a zero tolerance for sexual harassment, workplace violence and verbal and physical abuse.
- Collaborate with related team members to promote an effective facility level competency program.
- Collaborate to promote a robust employee development and education program that responds to the unique needs of employees across the career continuum (novice to expert).
- Work cohesively with related team members to develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies that ensure a qualified and stable workforce.
- Participate in workforce planning to ensure an adequate and competent workforce.
- Support the design of effective and competitive compensation and benefits programs.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Travel and Work Environment
Candidate will be rotating through a number of interim roles at various Tenet facilities throughout the United States, to be determined based on hospital needs. Travel will be up to 100 percent.