“Get a seat at the head of the strategic table. ADSS to oversee multi-locations! GREATER Spartanburg Area
General Summary: The Administrative Director, Surgical Services will bring a unique blend of experience and talent to provide fresh perspectives and positive leadership. The AD will partner with the surgical leadership team to provide clear direction for surgical services. You will oversee 30+ ORs (multi-locations) and 300 FTEs.
This leader will oversee largely and have full Responsibility for the overall direction and management of the Pre-Admission Testing, Pre-op, Operating Room, PACU, Central Sterile Processing, Surgical Scheduling, and the Ambulatory Surgery Centers. Areas of responsibility have significant strategic and financial impact on current and future success of the hospital system. Responsibility for the coordination and delivery of high quality service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Develops, operationalizes and maintains special programs to increase financial viability, improve quality / safety and enhance patient / staff satisfaction.
- Leads operations associated with assigned surgically based programs.
- In conjunction with the medical staff and hospital leadership, ensures a robust approach to directing and coordinating surgical services for the hospital.
- Proactively educates Operating Room staff regarding quality issues/priorities, new statutes/initiatives, and medical safety/PI activities.
- Develops long-range goals, annual objectives, and strategies for area(s) of responsibility.
- Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, CMS and joint commission requirements, and policies related to surgical services.
- Collaborates with clinical leadership to reduce in variation in surgical care; improve outcome effectiveness; eliminate patient harm events; eliminate preventable infections; ensure optimal infection surveillance and reporting; establish a culture of safety; and improve efficiency of care delivery across the continuum.
- Promotes an environment that supports Patient & Family Centered Care and continuously improves the patient experience.
- Maintains current knowledge of standards, rules and regulations .
- Evaluates the effectiveness of quality programs/processes against standards of practice, protocols, and patient outcome measurements.
- Supports programmatic development and growth of assigned programs.
- Monitors services and outcomes continuously to assure regulatory and operational readiness.
- Communicates status and facilitates corrective actions as needed.
- Controls and authorize processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of position control, job descriptions, professional practice, staff training and education especially as relates to patient safety, recruitment and retention and performance evaluations.
- Continuously improves culture of safety.
- Health, Dental, Vision and life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- Tuition Assistance
- Wellness Incentives
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or equivalent required; Master's in related field required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a healthcare environment, preferably in peri-operative and/or procedural based services required.
- Seven (7) years of progressive leadership experience in a healthcare setting, required.