Chief Nursing Officer
Centura Health, South State Operating Group
Colorado Springs, CO
Centura Health seeks a Chief Nursing Officer to serve as the Group Nursing executive for the South State Operating Group which includes Penrose Hospital, St. Francis Medical Center, St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center and St. Thomas More Hospital. The position is in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The Chief Nursing Officer for Centura South State Operating Group is accountable for professional nursing practice, education, and evidence-based practice and research within the integrated system of Centura Health to ensure the highest possible standards of clinical effectiveness, patient and associate satisfaction, and patient or consumer value. The CNO is responsible for the process and models of patient care delivery and clinical practice throughout the group. The CNO is responsible for execution of the Centura Health and nursing strategic plans. In collaboration with the group Chief Medical Officer and entity CNOs, the CNO plays a key role in developing and implementing operational programs to ensure quality, patient/consumer experience, effective resource management, and leads change. The Group CNO will have site responsibility for Penrose-St. Francis Health Services in Colorado Springs, and lead the other hospital CNO’s (St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center and St. Thomas More Hospital) in nursing strategies to drive a consistent nursing philosophy and vision across the group, consistent with the system objectives in a matrixed reporting relationship. The Group CNO has responsibility for nursing, trauma, case management, operating rooms, clinics, cardiology clinics, rehabilitation center and emergency departments. There is a total of 2,300-2,400 nurses across the organization.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Master’s Degree in other discipline with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Ten years of progressive nursing experience.
- Multi-hospital, multi-site experience as a nursing executive is a plus.
- Five years as a nursing executive in a complex tertiary healthcare organization or group structure having responsibility/oversight of complex services such as cardiac, trauma, or other specialty.
- Magnet experience preferred, or similar approach to evidence based practices and shared governance.
- Strong financial background and experience with productivity and staffing models.
- Current RN license in state of Colorado or ability to obtain a license in Colorado.
- Current Nurse Executive or Nurse Executive Advanced Certification or Eligibility (must achieve certification within 12 months).
Centura Health network consists of 17 hospitals, 11 affiliate hospitals, health neighborhoods, health at home, urgent care centers and emergency rooms, mountain clinics, 100+ physician practices and clinics. Centura Health is divided into regions, and this role is the CNO for the South States Operating Group which includes Penrose Hospital, St. Francis Medical Center, St. Mary-Corwin Medical Center and St. Thomas More Hospital. This Group CNO will have site responsibility for Penrose-St. Francis Health Services (both hospitals) and lead the other two hospital CNO’s (St. Mary-Corwin and St. Thomas More). The Group CNO will have responsibility for nursing across 4 hospitals with 985 licensed beds and approximately 2,400 nurses.
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
About Phillips DiPisa:
Phillips DiPisa is a retained executive search firm serving the healthcare and life sciences industries. Ranked as one of the top healthcare recruiting firms in the country, Phillips DiPisa is known for being Leaders in Recruiting Leaders by its growing base of clients across the country, drawing on a national pool of candidates.