Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center is a vibrant class 1A VHA Medical Center that provides a large number of health care services to Veterans from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. On the main campus, there are 187 inpatient care beds (inclusive of mental health and spinal cord injury); 113 Community Living Center, Rehabilitation, Transitional Care, Geriatric and Palliative Care beds; and 205 domiciliary beds. The facility also includes four Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in Appleton, Union Grove, Cleveland, and Green Bay, Wisconsin. Each year, inpatient areas admit over 10,000 Veterans; outpatient clinics see over 800,000 Veterans and CBOCs experience over 130,000 visits. Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center has a full complement of acute, outpatient, long term and tertiary care services, including a neurosurgical specialty practice, cardiothoracic surgery, radiation oncology and gastrointestinal interventional care and one of 24 Spinal Cord Injury Centers of Excellence. Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center is a part of Veterans Integrated Services Network (VISN) 12, which includes the Iron Mountain VAMC in Michigan, Tomah VAMC in Tomah, WI, William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital in Madison, WI, Lovell Health Care Center, Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital, and Jesse Brown VAMC in Chicago, IL.
Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center employs over 750 Registered Nurses (RNs) who provide care in a progressive and energetic interdisciplinary environment and are engaged in a wide range of professional development opportunities. In 2012, OAA awarded Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center a Winner’s Circle Award for the “Let’s Get Certified Campaign.” Approximately 32% of all Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center nurses are certified. Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center is a Wisconsin Nurses Association-Continuing Education Approved Provider (WNA-CEAP) unit. The provider unit approves contact hours for Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center nurses in support of maintaining their professional certifications. At Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, 61% of the nursing workforce is baccalaureate prepared or higher. A full-time doctorally-prepared Nurse Scientist guides and directs evidence-based practice and nursing research activities. The entire Nursing Service is supported by a full time data analyst who manages NDNQI nursing quality data, tracks staffing methodologies, and monitors other key data. Staff nurses engage in Shared Governance as part of the Nursing Excellence Program and participate in decisions related to nursing practice, education and research. Staff nurses also serve as preceptors and mentors for students, residents, trainees, and new employees. There are 32 RNs who have completed the VHA Mentor Nurse Certification Program’. In 2012, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center launched a Nurse Residency Program. There are 28 Nurse Residents; 82% are BSN prepared, six are OAA funded PBNR. Most recently, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center has been approved as a site for the VA Nursing Academy’s Nursing Academic Partnership Program (VANAP) partnering with Marquette University College of Nursing.
The Associate Director for Patient Care Services / Nurse Executive – Nurse V
- As a member of the executive management team, this person collaborates with the Medical Center Director, Chief of Staff, Deputy Director and Assistant Director to ensure professional standards, policies and practices promote optimum patient care outcomes
- Chairs the Nursing Executive Council, which is responsible for planning and organizing integrated nursing practice for the medical center
- In collaboration with other health care executives, creates an organizational vision and mission statements that reflect the long-range strategic and operational plans. This position is responsible for refining comprehensive nursing practice and policy within a Shared Governance environment
- Implements and assures compliance with national headquarter policies and regulations governing broad administrative aspects of the medical center
- Functions as an active participant in major policy decision regarding personnel, budget, position management, public and community relations, program and organizational changes, patient care and distribution of other facility resources
- There is substantial sphere of influence across multiple programs, and across the full continuum of care (inpatient, outpatient, and extended care). Substantial involvement in multi-site, regional, and/or national professional and health related issues is integral to the assignment. He/she must have familiarity with continuous quality care management, human resource issues and the ability to understand the provision of health care in a facility.
- Is delegated full responsibility for the direction, control, coordination, operation and evaluation of programs and units within the Rehabilitation, Extended and Community Care Division, the Acute Medical/Surgical Nursing Division, Sterile Processing Services Division, Nutrition and Food Services Division, Nursing Education and Research Department, Nursing Excellence Program, Social Work Executive and the nursing/clinical supervisors.
- Is the organization's executive level nursing leader with full responsibility for the direction of nursing care delivery.
- Registered Nurse-current, full, active and unrestricted license
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency, and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) – OR – Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required
- Masters in related field required with BSN
- PhD in nursing or related field preferred
- Minimum 7 years of nursing experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Nursing Administration with progressively more responsibility leadership assignments
RECRUITMENT AND RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED FOR THIS POSITION.
Apply directly through: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/468508300
Or at www.usajobs.gov, Reference Vacancy Identification Number 468508300
Application deadline: Friday, 5/19/2017
Question may be directed to Michelle Mezaros, MSN, Nurse Recruiter, Michelle.Mezaros@va.gov
Equal Opportunity Employer/Pre-employment and Random Drug Screens