| Chief Nursing Officer |
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is seeking a Chief Nursing Officer. The CNO provides executive-level leadership for patient care services throughout the University of Illinois Hospital & Clinics to advance, refine and improve nursing operations throughout the organization; leads nursing operations with emphasis on quality outcomes, efficiency, attention to high-value care through new and established clinical service lines, and culturally aware, patient-centered care delivery.
The Chief Nursing Officer works in collaboration with nursing staff, medical staff, administration and other departments in fulfilling the mission of the UI Health. The role of the CNO serves as a leader in advancing quality and patient safety initiatives throughout UI Health. The selected candidate will effectively use all resources embedded within UI Health and within nursing to lead and support key program implementation and evaluation, policy development, and optimization of clinical practice through the use of evidence. The CNO facilitates transformative improvements in nursing practice, addressing performance, professionalism, interpersonal collaboration, and improvement of practice throughout UI Health by providing consultation and guidance to nursing units and divisions on developing and achieving workforce engagement, quality, productivity and patient satisfaction goals.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive management experience in a hospital environment, preferably as a Chief Nursing Officer, or experience as an Associate Chief Nursing Officer, or Nursing Director of multiple, complex nursing departments required.
- Eligibility for Registered Nurse license in state of Illinois.
- Master's Degree in Nursing required; DNP or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience with general hospital clinical operations, clinical program development, related business planning and performance management required.
- Comprehensive and thorough understanding of all elements of health care delivery in an acute care setting, including strategy, business planning, operations and finances.
- Understanding of health care industry changes, competitor actions, legal/regulatory changes and technological trends.
- A thorough knowledge of state and federal laws, rules and regulations, including CMS Administrative Code, The Joint Commission, the Illinois Hospital Licensing Act and the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
For fullest consideration, please complete an application and submit a resume by Friday, June 9, 2017:
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.